Saturday 23 June 2012

Sitting Pretty

Isn't this awful weather. Don't think we will get a summer this year and here is me hoping to spend this last week of freedom basking in the sunshine. My other half retires on Friday so is he in for a shock when he finds out what I get up to in a day. Am p[lanning to make his retirement card in the shape of a boxing ring with our heads transposed on to a couple of boxing images. I wonder why!
Last week five of us went to a Promarker class in the capable hands of Debbi, but poor thing was not feeling well and am sure she would rather have been tucked up in bed but she soldiered on. Well to put our new found skills into practice had my friends round for a colouring day. This was an image I coloured in after they had left as was not pleased with my finished results. She is called Honey Pip from Sugar Nellie and because it is a fairly big stamp decided it looked better on an easel shaped card.   Of course she is coloured in with Promarkers so any constructive critisism will be greatfully received. The papers used are reversible but for the life of me cannot remember where I got them from. Martha Stewart border punch, nestie shapes, beads, lace and ribbon all from my stash.

5 comments:

  1. Oooo pretty pretty Lily. Fine job on the promarkers, no criticism from me, who am I to judge! I think your image is spot on. Love your papers and colours. Think you should of gone for the shed in the garden Lily! Poor Alan, may just get that garage sorted out for himself yet. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking great Lily - I think the only thing I would add is a little touch of a darker shade at each side of her headband, and also a little darker to the hair behind her shoulders - its all about practice, the more you do it, the better you'll get :)
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is lovely Lily, colouring in looks great to me certainly wouldnt critise everything look good, love the colours, Aud x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Lily. Colouring looks good and as Debbi says it just takes practice.

    Poor you with hubby ready to retire. I sometimes look at mine snoring in a chair and tell him when he retires (few years off yet thank goodness) he'll have to get a hobby and not get on my nerves all the time!!

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Lily and as Debbi says it's all about practice. Looking good since you haven't used Promarkers much.

    Can sympathise about hubby retiring. I tell mine when he retires, a few years off yet, he'll need to get a hobby and not be getting on my nerves!

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete